Friday, November 20, 2009

Wicked Trip 2009


Last weekend I went with 3 other girlfriends and a busload of women (and one man) to Denver to see Wicked. The performance was incredible and it was so much fun to hang with my friends on a VERY quick weekend trip. Here's the low-down on our Totally Wicked Weekend.

We had to meet up with the Wicked Bus in Ogden, so Steph was our shuttle there.

On the Wicked Bus with Kristy Bourgeous(left) and Janette Rempe (right).
Across the aisle sat Stephanie Bromley (L) and Me!
We stayed the night at a hotel that just happened to be in my hometown. Dad, Mom, and my sister Shereece came to visit us at the hotel after our bus rolled in at 10:30pm. We had a fun visit. Mom shared some green Jelly Bellies and Shereece gave each of us a package of green and pink Jelly Bellies and a cute green pad of paper that she had made with quotes from Wicked on them. So thoughtful! It meant a lot to me that they came out late at night to see me and meet my friends.
Ready for bed! (They are going to kill me for including this picture :) Was this before or after the pillows flew?
The next morning the bus took us to a mall to do a little shopping before the show.

Janette, just outside the Buell Theatre.

All ready to go in and find our seats!
Here's a rebel picture "inside" the theatre during intermission from my cell phone. I'm not sure who was enjoying the show more!

The show was incredible and the actors all did such a wonderful job. The costumes and set were really neat. I enjoyed picking out details about the story and show that I missed the first time around. The best part for me though was to watch my friends' reactions to the show as none of them had seen Wicked before. I loved hearing their thoughts and reactions. I'm glad they liked it so much.

All too soon the show was over and it was time to scramble back on the bus and head home. We had a LONG drive ahead (emphasis on LONG).

The weather wasn't so great and driving through Wyoming this time of year is always a gamble. At one point the roads ahead us near Evanston were closed, but opened by the time that we got there. All of us were so glad that we weren't the driver. We watched movies, visited and tried to sleep. It was 3:30 am before we got to Ogden and 5:30 by the time I got snuggled into my bed.
Here's just a few of my Wicked leftovers and mementos. Notice the Riccola in the bottom right corner? That is all that was left from my trip after sucking on them almost non-stop the whole time.The lovely swine flu 2 weeks earlier sure did a number on my respiratory system. Jen, the gal that coordinated the trip gave us all little goodie-bags on the bus with fun stuff in them and I put together some for my Wicked buddies too. Jen also had a bunch of give-aways along the drive that kept things exciting. Steph and Janette won green and black nail polish.

It really was a great weekend trip! I couldn't have asked for better company. Love you girls! Anyone up for a LV Phantom trip? Let's get planning!

3 comments:

courtneyb said...

Couldn't have asked for better company :) Glad you had a good time and made it home safe!

I'm in for Vegas!

Steph said...

Our you are gonna get it. I can't believe you put some of those pictures up. You are a stinker. It was indeed fun. It was over too fast.

Deborah said...

looks like a blast! Count me in on the next trip!