My friend Lisa tagged me on her blog. I have 8 questions to answer....
1. What is one of the top things on your bucket list of things to do before you die?
I would love to go on a cruise. I know, daring huh? I want to go someplace warm for a good week or so, where there aren't flies or mosquitoes. Hopefully there will be great weather too, maybe one crazy storm to make it exciting. I don't want to be cold the whole time I am there.
2. When was the last time that you laughed so hard that you cried? Who were you with and what were you laughing about?
I have no idea! Probably when Kyler said something. I'll have to ask Byran. But I do know how Stephanie would answer this one!
3. What was your favorite family vacation as a child?
Every year we always went to the cabin up by Aspen Grove. We all loved it there and wanted to go every summer. The summer after 8th grade we mixed things up a bit and went to Las Vegas and Santa Barbara to visit both sets of grandparents. This wasn't the best vacation ever, but definitely the most memorable because A. It didn't involve the cabin(until on the way home) B. Actually going to our grandparents homes was very rare and it was neat to see their worlds C. I remember trying to picture my mom and her life as a teenager in Santa Barbara D. A SHORT 1/2 day trip at Disneyland because of having to waiting for hours in the parking lot of some trailer place to get some part on the trailer fixed E. The trauma of being in an accident on the way home outside of Beaver, UT when a semi driving too fast caused our trailer to fish-tail. I remember Dad yelling to Mom "PUMP THE BRAKES!" over and over, hearing the trailer smash against the reflector posts on the side of the road, the suburban finally coming to a stop, and turning around and seeing the trailer wheels spinning in the air behind us. The trailer had flipped over without flipping us. That was impossible to have happened. We knew without a doubt our family had been watched over and protected.
4. What is the absolutely best and most memorable meal that you have ever had in your life?
I can think of a lot of great meals linked with good memories. How about Mom's pot roast and mashed potato dinners on Fast Sunday, or breakfast with Byran in Chicago at Ann Sathers, or the Giodano's Pizza at 11:00 pm in the hotel the night Karissa became a part of our family. There we go, that is the one!
5. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Italy. For some reason I feel drawn there. Years ago Byran and our family almost spent 6 months there for Auburn's "study abroad"program where Byran was going to teach classes and supervise students. We never went because the war broke out and the program was shut down for a few years. I dream of the pasta. I would still love to live in another country, as long as it didn't involve having to eat rotten food or raw fish.
6. What are you a little scared to do, but secretly would still like to try sometime?
I can only think of extreme sports, but not many of them appeal to me. How about snowboarding-if I dont' get too cold?
7. What is your all time favorite movie and why?
You've Got Mail, with Pride and Prejudice as a very close second. I can watch either one over and over again, and I don't usually like to watch movies repeatedly. I love the storyline of You've Got Mail, and the NYC ambiance. When we went to NCY a few years back I tried to find several of the places in the show just to see them in real life. I loved Meg Ryan's hair and clothes and her apartment was so cozy and eclectic. I have paused scenes just to figure out how her apartment was situated and decorated, yes I have.
8. What do you like to do for fun and relaxation?
I like to read a really good book, or find something to do for somebody that would make their day.
Now, I'm supposed to tag 8 people and have them answer 8 questions. I'm going to change the rules a bit, because many of the people on Lisa's tag list are who I would have tagged too and I think I'm running out of people who actually read my blog!
So, I tag Kari, Deborah, Stephanie, Rochelle, Laura, and Shereece. If you don't have a blog to post your answers to, you can just post them in my comments. Here are your 5 questions...
1. What are 5 of your pet peves?
2. List 5 of your "Raindrops on Roses, Whiskers on Kittens"(your favorite things).
3. What are 5 things you have done for fun this year?
4. What was your life like 5 years ago? (2005)
5. If you had $5,000,0000 what are 5 of the things you would do with it?
Can't wait to read your responses!
2 comments:
Loved your answers! I think Italy would be my place to visit too. And going to a cooking school in Tuscany would probably answer the Bucket List question as well. So.. you'll have to share more about how Stephanie would have answered the laughing question. America, and your readers, want to know!
Did no one answer? Hm, these are questions I have to think about.
5 pet peeves
-slow drivers
-people who don't tell the truth
-inconsistency
-egocentricity
-cliches
5 favorite things
-good friends
-clean smells
-autumn
-feeling satisfied
-rain
5 fun things
-hiking
-organization projects (both at home and for others)
-had a month of unemployment
-shopping
-listened to books on CD
What my life was like 5 years ago... I'd have to consult my journal.
5 million dollars
-buy some real estate, including a home I could rent to my mother
-invest
-donate 10%
-take all my friends on a cruise to Hawaii
-put some away for a rainy day
Am I so predictable?
Post a Comment