One afternoon this summer, while I was probably picking weeds out of the front beds, Kyler came to me and said that he had something stuck in his ear. I looked in there, and sure enough, there appeared to be a small orange ball in his ear. Upon questioning him as to how it got in there, he basically said, " I put it in there, and it won't come out."
We tried everything, and soon it became apparent that it just wasn't going to budge without some professional assistance. When Byran got home from work, we ran him over to the Insta-Care and let them have a go at it. Kyler was all calm and even joking about it, but I was nervous about the possible pain that might come with extracting it.
The Dr. got out tools and went at it, but it just seemed to lodge in further and started being quite painful for him, poor kid.
Finally after several good and painful attempts with his tools, the nurse shot some water in his ear (painful once again) and it somehow helped dislodge it and the they were able to fish it out.
Look at his awesome souvenir!
It was a bright orange air-soft pellet, a real keeper, and hopefully a reminder to put things in pockets, not ears :)
No comments:
Post a Comment