
We are finally back and had such a great time in Chicago!
One of the highlights of the trip was getting to see Chicago's Broadway production of "Wicked". It is amazing what they can do with a stage. The music was so good that they were the first song downloads on my new ipod nano (our hotel was right next to the Apple Store, one of Byran's heavens). And yes, I do make a fool of myself trying to sing along, probably much louder than I think I'm singing (I can tell when I look at Byran and he is smiling at me and shaking his head).
I never made it on Oprah though, darn it. I was hoping they were going to have last minute openings for the taping of the Osmonds, but no such luck. I did get to see another celebrity though. Jerry Springer came into Walgreens while I was there. It took me a minute to figure out who he was, and by then he was long gone. Jerry Springer! If I'm actually going to get to see a celebrity, why Jerry Springer?! One of Byran's collegues was on the plane with one of the original Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. Now THAT would have been a celebrity to see.
I also had my own little spotlight moment, when I was apporached by a reporter on the street to answer a few questions about child nutrition. I said sure and then WHAM! There was a camera and a microphone boom in my face! Apparently it was being taped as a part of a focus group on children's nutrition for Nestle and Gerber. Unfortunately it won't be on TV so I can't send you any links, but I will send you an autographed headshot if you would like.
We had some great food too. I tried Rissoto(sp?) for the first time. It was good, but not really as fancy as I had imagined. I mentioned the stuffed pizza we had the first night, which I still think about when I'm hungry. But probably the best thing I discovered was Starbucks' steamed carmel apple cider w/whipped cream! WOW-YUMM! I highly reccommend it! I started out with the steamed milk, which was pretty good even though I'm not a big milk fan, but once I found the cider, I was hooked! I'm hoping we have Starbucks around here someplace.
So here is my top and bottom 5 from our trip...
Bottom 5
5. A cold
4. Smelly sewer smells
3. Sore and tired feet
2. How fast a taxi meter adds up
1. The truck break down
Top 5
5. Ford's Courtesy shuttle
4. The magic of the Echinasea and Golden Seal Complex
3. Starbucks steamed carmel apple cider
2. Wicked
1. Time with Byran
PS- Don't forget to do my "Favorite Musical" poll on the left side under the counter
One of the highlights of the trip was getting to see Chicago's Broadway production of "Wicked". It is amazing what they can do with a stage. The music was so good that they were the first song downloads on my new ipod nano (our hotel was right next to the Apple Store, one of Byran's heavens). And yes, I do make a fool of myself trying to sing along, probably much louder than I think I'm singing (I can tell when I look at Byran and he is smiling at me and shaking his head).
I never made it on Oprah though, darn it. I was hoping they were going to have last minute openings for the taping of the Osmonds, but no such luck. I did get to see another celebrity though. Jerry Springer came into Walgreens while I was there. It took me a minute to figure out who he was, and by then he was long gone. Jerry Springer! If I'm actually going to get to see a celebrity, why Jerry Springer?! One of Byran's collegues was on the plane with one of the original Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. Now THAT would have been a celebrity to see.
I also had my own little spotlight moment, when I was apporached by a reporter on the street to answer a few questions about child nutrition. I said sure and then WHAM! There was a camera and a microphone boom in my face! Apparently it was being taped as a part of a focus group on children's nutrition for Nestle and Gerber. Unfortunately it won't be on TV so I can't send you any links, but I will send you an autographed headshot if you would like.
We had some great food too. I tried Rissoto(sp?) for the first time. It was good, but not really as fancy as I had imagined. I mentioned the stuffed pizza we had the first night, which I still think about when I'm hungry. But probably the best thing I discovered was Starbucks' steamed carmel apple cider w/whipped cream! WOW-YUMM! I highly reccommend it! I started out with the steamed milk, which was pretty good even though I'm not a big milk fan, but once I found the cider, I was hooked! I'm hoping we have Starbucks around here someplace.
So here is my top and bottom 5 from our trip...
Bottom 5
5. A cold
4. Smelly sewer smells
3. Sore and tired feet
2. How fast a taxi meter adds up
1. The truck break down
Top 5
5. Ford's Courtesy shuttle
4. The magic of the Echinasea and Golden Seal Complex
3. Starbucks steamed carmel apple cider
2. Wicked
1. Time with Byran
PS- Don't forget to do my "Favorite Musical" poll on the left side under the counter
PPS - The truck was all fixed, ready, and even washed for us when we got back. Go Ford!
PPPS-Much thanks to all those who made it possible for us to go! Megan and Laura YOU ROCK!
No comments:
Post a Comment