Friday, March 27, 2009

The Hospital and The Hole

Two exciting events, 24 hours.

Karissa's asthma really flared up yesterday and she ended up in the hospital. She is doing much better, but is staying a second night as they try to wean her off the oxygen. I stayed with her last night and today. Byran came after work and will stay with her tonight. This is what Riss has to say about the hospital....
She has actually done quite well. That scary doll she is holding is a "buddy"doll that the Child Life Specialist gave her to draw a face on. It is wearing a little hospital gown. She came back later to talk with Karissa about her oxygen tubes and they put one on her doll together. It was cute. Karissa is excited that she gets to bring the doll home. She also scored a new Ariel nightgown, the pink bear, the cat pillowcase she is lying against and the lovely star head wreath she is wearing. Not something we want to re-enact anytime soon, no matter the "perks"! It is hard to watch your child struggle to breathe.
Meanwhile, while all that was going on, Ben the Builder was busy working at our lot and we now have this....
Sorry, the boring hole pictures are mostly for Byran at the hospital. He hasn't seen the hole yet.

This all seems a little dejavu-ish (I so misspelled that!). Oh yeah! The day that we bought our "Lellowhouse" ten years ago, we ended up at the hospital with Kayden when he had croup. Both Kayden and the "Lellowhouse" turned out ok, so hopefully Riss and The Hole will too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hospital isn't fun no matter what age a person is so it's nice to see Karissa getting the royal princess treatment while she's there. Here's to a speedy recovery! And congratulations on the amazing hole! I'm sure the hole is feeling quite lucky to have such a wonderful view of the mountains before it gets covered with a foundation!! Hugs, Kara (once I remember my password I won't be anonymous anymore!) :)

Steph said...

Oh, even though she was smiling in some of the pic's, it's so sad to see her in the hospital bed. I hope she is doing better. Awsome whole in the ground!!!!! I want to go over and see it!

Deborah said...

So I guess you didn't make it to Poky this weekend . . . Poor Karissa, that has got to be miserable. Luckily we haven't had to make the hospital trip with Brody and his asthma for a few years - (knock on wood). Hope she gets feeling better soon!

Tigerlily said...

Hey Karissa, Get better soon sweetheart. That is no fun. But I am glad you are where you can get the help you need. Enjoy the one on one time with dad and mom. You look darling in your Ariel jammies!
The Pratts