
This is my dear Grandma. She is 92 years old. If I have half the spunk and sense of humor she has if I reach 92 years I will consider myself lucky. I love this woman so dearly. She possesses many qualities that I admire and hope to emulate. Grandma is very generous and giving. She loves life and is a very positive person. She is very "punny" and still has a quick wit. Back in the day, she taught PE and Home Ec. She has lived a very active life and skied into her early eighties!

Kyler
Reed is named after her sweetheart who passed away in 1993. It nearly broke her heart and she has missed him so much.

Although she has to be reminded who her great-grand children are each time she sees them, she LOVES having them around and is so loving towards them. She saves bags full of food to daily feed the ducks who are residents of the pond where she is living. Duck feeding with Grandma is a highlight of the visit for her great-grandchildren.

One of the greatest blessings of living where we live for me has been living near to Grandma and to be able to interact with her more than I ever had. Recently I went to church with her where she lives. It was such a humbling experience to sit there with her and feel the sweet spirit while listening to the testimonies being shared by those who have experienced so much in their lives.

She has lived such a healthy life. Once I told her, "Grandma, you're going to outlive all of us". She answered, "Oh that would be sad, it would be so lonely." I imagine that would be a difficult thing about living so long. You would have to say good bye to so many friends and loved ones. But I have to remember that she has also been able to say "Hello" to a whole lot of her posterity because of that long healthy life. And for that, I am very grateful.
I love my Grandma dearly, and am so glad that my children have been lucky enough to know her too.
1 comment:
She sounds like a wonderful woman, and I can see how you admire her. The pic's are so sweet.
Post a Comment