It's kind of a bitter-sweet day when your 1st baby starts to SHAVE. Yes, I said SHAVE. My 12 year old is now SHAVING! Not everyday, or every week, but definitely a need to SHAVE.
I think he was excited to shave, but he wasn't so excited about my need to have the video camera there to document the whole experience. I don't know, I think it's kind of a landmark event in a boy's life. Am I right? So document, I did.
Here he is playing the trumpet in the band for their Christmas concert. I have been so impressed with how quickly he has picked the trumpet up in just a few months. He is really enjoying it too.
Just when I think he's getting all grown up on me, he comes down with a "childhood disease". Chicken Pox-can you believe it?! Although he has had his immunizations, and we vaguely remember him having a mild case of "chickie pops" when he was little, he has them AGAIN! We are not talking a few spots here or there. So beware, your child could get Chicken Pox again!

It is day 2 and he probably has around 60 pox so far. Being the freakish mother that I am, I took a permanent marker to him the first day and put a little dot by each one that had shown up, and then marked his newbies today with a different color so I can see how it is progressing (does that explain the different colors?). I know, a bit obsessive, but informative.
I have been thinking a lot about Kayden lately and how quickly times goes. He is really growing into a fine young man. I am so proud of him and blessed that he is my son. He's a hard worker, so kind and patient (most times) with our little magoobies. He really tries to do what's right and has the beginnings of a great testimony and I'm anxious to see what the future brings him.
No comments:
Post a Comment