Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Before, During, and After

Karissa has been growing long "Princess Hair" for the last year. Although she has liked the idea of long hair, the whole washing, conditioning, COMBING, drying and hair fixing has not been her favorite or mine.
Karissa decided a few days ago that she wanted to cut it off. I wanted to give her a couple of days to think about it just in case she changed her mind, but she stuck to it. I think it was a little harder on me actually to have her take the plunge!
So here is her BEFORE...
...DURING...
...and a whole lot of AFTERS!
The thing that helped ME have the courage to go ahead is that Karissa was able to donate her hair to "Locks of Love".  She thought it was pretty neat to be able to help children who aren't able to grow hair.
Of course, we can't forget this handsome kid who got his hair cut today too. He didn't have quite enough to donate though, but close!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karissa looks great. So cute with the new haircut. Great opportunity to donate hair also.

Steph said...

Karissa has always had the face for short hair. She looks darling. I love how it turned out. Hopefully it will be easy to style everyday. I find with Brooke, round brushing it in the morning is harder than throwing it a ponytail. I thought she was not going to ba able to donate it. I am glad that was possible.

shereece said...

Amy has been asking to do the same thing. I'm the one who's chicken.

courtneyb said...

I love Karissa with a bob, she looks adorable. The long hair didn't seem like Karissa to me but I also haven't seen her in a long time.

JoLayne K. said...

I didn't realize that Karissa had such long hair. Now with the short hair she looks just beautiful. I really like it. To donate her hair was really special.

Leanne said...

I love the new cut! she looks like she is ready for summer. That is so cool that you can donate for such a good cause too. double bonus!