Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catch-up

I know that the Chicago trip was weeks ago, but I never actually finished it out. And since this blog is also my journal, I don't want to forget things!

Our final meal in Chicago was at Portillos. Yumm! this was my lunch-baked pasta....
And this was Byran's - a true "Chicago Style" Hot Dog.
The Magnificent Mile was having a tulip festival for the month of May, and so all of the planters along the streets were filled with gorgeous tulips. I love tulips!
The two days after I got home were BYU's Women's Conference, or as Byran puts it, my "Professional Conference". Byran makes it possible for me to be able to go to that every year. Being in Primary callings for so many years, it has been a nice way for me to go and listen and get my bucket filled each year. My dear friend Stephanie went with me again this year. I loved being able to hang with her.
After the first session I got a call on my cell phone from my sister Shereece who wanted to know where I was, because she was at Womens' Conference too! It was a fun surprise and I enjoyed being able to visit with her and her friend Charla, and sit in classes with her too.
Karissa's 1st grade program was that evening as well. It was really cute. Karissa had the very last part in the program, "Thank you for coming to our program."
There is more catch-up to come!

PS- This was my celebrity sighting from our Chicago trip. Can you guess who the man in the brown suit coat pulling the black suitcase is? Sorry for the poor picture, but I was trying to be all discrete taking the picture as I followed Henry Winkler down the terminal! 

2 comments:

shereece said...

You're fired...that picture was supposed to be a do-over, remember?

AllMyKs said...

We didn't do-over, so I had to use it, sorry! Must document!