Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Tag

I've been tagged again by my good friend Kari (see Ward Family link on side). So Kari, here are my answers! Sorry to all the color blind people out there if the RED is hard to read (Dad, I guess you'll just have to get Mom to read it to you!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Don't you just love to watch kids tear into a gift. It kind of prolongs the moment of anticipation. I have great memories of wrapping presents with my Dad, and hearing my mom wrap presents in her sewing room and then helping haul them all out to the tree.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I prefer the look and smell of real trees, but had too much guilt year after year looking at our dead tree on the side of the road waiting to be hauled off, so I gave in. Now I just need a house with a storage room big enough to leave the tree set up all year and just roll it out at Christmas!
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? I like to get it up the first weekend/FHE after Thanksgiving, but that doesn't always happen.
4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible, but what a pain! Our tree is way to big and heavy. It is not a quick an easy process.
5. Like egg nog? I can't seem to get past the thought of what it may taste like to try it. Thick, cold, yellow milk stuff, YUCK! Maybe if it was warm? Nope, not even that.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, 2 from Brazil, 1 from Guatamala, 1 from Jerusalem, and 1 from WalMart!
7. Favorite gift received as a child? A desk that my mom refinished for me. I loved every inch of it and all the possibilities that came with it. My mom always put a lot of herself into her gifts for us. I also loved a Madame Alexander doll she gave me from her childhood and a bisque doll she made for me as well. She sewed the clothes for them as well.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My 2 oldest brothers
9. Easiest person to buy for? Karissa, aren't little girls with big imaginations easy? She gets so excited about anything.
10. Worst Christmas gift? Candles
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? MAIL! Don't you just love getting FUN mail for once instead of junk mail or bills?
12. Favorite Christmas movie? "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" as a child, "Meet Me in St. Loius" as an adult
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long, but I kick it into high gear come November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, is that horrible to admit? But they weren't bad, tacky things to regift.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? My mom's cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Turkey dinner.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? Travel unless family is coming to us. Christmas is with family.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Yes, but I won't tell you now and give them all away!
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve (PJs) and then the rest on Christmas day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and long lines in the stores! Oh, also how frustrating it is that it can take 3 hours to run 3 simple errands!

YOU ARE IT ! I'd love to hear your answers! (I tag Shereece, Megan, and Laura for sure, just email me your answers)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hey Sheia! How in the world did you guess huh? Some women have all the intuition I guess. :) I would be happy to help you with your blog... you just need to find backgrounds that you like and then it's really easy. If only I lived there I would totally show you how to do it!! I went to photobucket.com and then typed in what kind of images I was looking for (polka dots, scrapbooking paper, etc.). Nate thinks ours is a little girly now, but whatever! I'M the one blogging, right? :) Hey we loved your Christmas letter, Nate commented how creative you are (like "Kayden potty trained 8 years..." ha ha) you make us laugh. We miss you guys and always wish we were closer to hang out. It's hard to fin good friends that you get along with so well. Anyways, thanks for being tagged, you're a good sport!