Kari tagged me again, so you get to learn more about Byran and me! This has been updated (the comments in this pink are the updates). We got married before digital pictures, so I'll have to see if I can figure out how to scan some funny pictures.
How long have you been together? I'm not quite sure how to answer this. We met when we were in the same "Y" Group (Freshman Orientation) the second day I was at BYU. We dated for about 1 month our freshman year but stopped due largely to being immature freshman, a "misunderstanding" about him liking my RA, and there was someone else on the back burner. We didn't see much of each other the rest of our freshman year, which was just fine with me. He did have a note I had written to him in his wallet his whole mission. Not because I wrote it, but because he had something important written on the other side. After ignoring him on several occasions on campus after his mission, we ended up being the only two people walking towards each other on the sidewalk just before Christmas when I was on my way to sell my books back at the bookstore. There was no ignoring him this time. He asked for my phone number and said he'd call after Christmas. I wasn't going to hold my breath. But he called, we went out, and it was like he was a whole different person! We dated for the next year +, got engaged, then married 3 months later. So, I'm not sure how long to say that we have been together "technically", since I was still dating other guys for the first 6 months second time around, and then I broke up with him a few times too.... this is a long answer to a short question! We have known each other just over 20 years, but started re-dating 17 years ago, got engaged 16 years ago and have been married for 15 years. How's that for a long answer?
How old is he? 3 months younger than me (we are both currently 38)
Who eats more? Byran, except when it comes to icecream, I can put him away!
Who said "I love you" first? Byran, it took me a few months longer. Isn't that horrible?
Who is taller? Byran, by about 4-5 inches
Who sings better? Byran, he used to sing solos in high school choir. His favorite song was "The Rose" :)
Who is smarter? Byran-he thinks things through more than I do.
Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but Byran does plenty of loads and folding too, especially when the clean clothes get put on our bed!
Who does the dishes? Byran is really good about helping here, but it's mostly me when it comes to the pots and pans.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Laying in the bed, it is me on the right side.
Who pays the bills? I used to do the bills until Byran finished school, then he took over.
Who mows the lawn? Byran, and now Kayden is starting to help.
Who cooks dinner? Usually me, but Byran does if I've got meetings or often on weekends. He's great with the grill and Dutch Oven.
Who is more stubborn? ME-by far
Who kissed who first? Byran kissed me first both times. The second time around I pretty much had to dare him to because he was taking FOREVER!
Who asked who out? Byran asked me to "study" with him our freshman year, but I don't really remember him asking me out formally. Second time around, he called up and asked me to go to a basketball game with him.
Who proposed? Byran, even after I told him he better not ask me the night before! The guy had guts! But, I didn't answer him until the day after he asked me. I have never regretted my answer! We planned to do a session at the SL temple for Valentine's Day and the deal was that was to be it. But, Byran broke the deal and had a carriage ride set up. It was freezing cold, I was mad at him for breaking our deal, and I just prayed the whole time that he WOULD NOT ask me to marry him, because I just didn't think I was ready to answer him (after dating for over a year?). He told me he would like to ask me to be his wife, put the ring on my finger (which was too big) and then let it be at that. After the carriage ride we drove up above the capital to see the city lights. He proceeded to tell me all the reasons he wanted to marry me and my heart filled with peace. I was afraid of being all caught up in the moment, so I didn't tell him my answer. When he dropped me off at my apartment he said, "Let me know if you want to get the ring sized." I wore the ring to bed and called him the next morning and said, "Let's go get the ring sized." So, technically, he never asked me to marry him, and I never said "yes"! How romantic!
Who is more sensitive? Hmmm...I'm more emotional, but Byran is very sensitive to those around him.
Who has more friends? Me
Who has more siblings? Me, by two
Who wears the pants in the relationship? We make a pretty good partnership and decide things well together. Byran tells people that he wears the pants that I made for him (and make alterations to them occasionally as needed)
Who are you tagging? Megan, Laura, Heather S., and anyone else who actually reads my blog!
4 comments:
Here we go, Sheia! Chad is helping me answer these questions...
How long have you been together? We've been together for 8 1/2 years, and married for 7 1/4 years!
How old is he? 3 years and 10 months older than me- 31 years old! And I'm 27.
Who eats more? Chad eats more in general, but I eat more chocolate.
Who said "I love you" first? I said I love you first, in the Law Library at BYU. I said, "You don't have to say it back, but I love you." He said it to me the next evening. We were on his driveway and he hugged me and said, "Everything will be alright because I love you."
Who is taller? I think we are exactly the same. I don't think we've ever officially measured because I want him to feel like a man.
Who sings better? me, but Chad has this amazing talent of singing two notes off- an amazing harmony- without even trying.
Who is smarter? That's a tough one. But Chad says, "You are, of course!" Maybe that proves he's the smarter one!
Who does the laundry? I put it in the washer (Chad doesn't understand that you can't wash certain things) but Chad usually folds it because he is much more patient.
Who does the dishes? Chad at night, me during the day.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Laying in the bed, Chad does! But I always sleep next to the window and Chad sleeps next to the door. So he can protect me from the boogey man!
Who pays the bills? Chad does the day-to-day, but I make the larger money decisions (with his priesthood guidance, of course).
Who mows the lawn? the landscaping guys! But we both will when we have a house! I LOVE mowing the lawn. So rewarding.
Who cooks dinner? Chad does. I only do when I feel guilty about not doing it.
Who is more stubborn? guess who? ME!
Who kissed who first? Chad kissed me first. He was going out-of-town and he wanted to "seal the deal". His words exactly. It wasn't that great of a first kiss.
Who asked who out? Chad asked me out several times. But I finally said yes. And I'm glad I did.
Who proposed? Chad! At Red Rock in Las Vegas at sunrise on May 13, 2000.
Who is more sensitive? Me, by a long shot. We sometimes joke that Chad has no feelings.
Who has more friends? I think I am more social than him. But neither one of us has many friends, and that is definitely okay with me!
Who has more siblings? Me (I have four and he has three.)
Who wears the pants in the relationship? BEWARE: PG-13 RATED! "We have very large pants that we both fit into. But Megan makes all the decisions. I just like being in the pants with her." -Chad
That was fun! Thanks!
Hey that was fun to hear your stories, you guys make me laugh! I would love to see some pictures. Don't worry, we got married 4 1/2 years ago and our pictures aren't digital either. I only have those two because the photographer put them on her website and I stole them awhile ago. So much has changed in just a few years!
I'm glad you two ended up together, even if Byran never proposed, and you never said yes!! :)
Sheia,
What a fun tag! Here's our answers, at least from my point of view...Jeff isn't here to defend himself. :)
How long have you been together? We have known each other for just over 17 years and married for 16 and 1/2 years.
How old is he? 4 years and 11 months older than me. He's 41 and I'm 36.
Who eats more? Usually Jeff, but I can hold my own.
Who said "I love you first"? I honestly can't remember. The first time that I can remember Jeff saying it to me was actually in a letter he wrote and left for me on my bed in my apartment. He also doorbell ditched an "I Love You!" message made of tator tot letters with a ketchup heart on a plate left on my doorstep.
I knew I was in love within the first 2 weeks we were dating.
Who is taller? Jeff, by almost 6 inches. He's 6'3" and I'm 5'9".
Who sings better? Jeff. I wish he would sing more. He will sing to me, but gets embarrassed by it.
Who is smarter? I think we are pretty evenly smart. Jeff is a very analytical thinker, but he is also very good at being able to visualize something and be able to figure out how to make it work. I am better at knowing facts, multi-tasking and processing.
Who does the laundry? I do, but Jeff will carry it downstairs to the laundry room for me.
Who does the dishes? Me
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Laying in bed, I do. Jeff and I don't have a set side of the bed, other than Jeff sleeps on the side closest to the door and I sleep closest to the window in whatever room we're in.
Who pays the bills? I do. We used to do it together, but over the years it has just worked out best for me to do it.
Who mows the lawn? Jeff
Who cooks dinner? Me, but this is up for interpretation. Cooking is not one of my favorite things to do on a regular basis. We have had some interesting dinners in our time. I like to cook Sunday dinners though, and Jeff is a very good BBQer.
Who is the most stubborn? Both of us are awfully stubborn. We say it is probably because we are both the oldest child in our families. We've found that the saying "we agree to disagree" goes a long way.
Who kissed who first? You will get a different answer depending on who you ask. I say Jeff kissed me first and he says I did. (I told you we are both stubborn. :)) We were sitting on the couch in his apartment and he asked me "How about a kiss?" I said "ok" and leaned in. He leaned in too and the rest is history. Until we get to see the movie in heaven, we'll let you decide who is right.
Who asked who out first? I asked Jeff to BYU Preference.
Who proposed? Jeff did when he and I were visiting his parent's home in Colorado. We were sitting on the back porch swing one night after going on a walk, and then he propsed officially a week later with a ring and picnic up Rock Canyon in Provo.
Who is more sensitive? Probably Jeff. He wears his emotions on his sleeve much more than I do.
Who has more friends? I would say we have the same number of friends, but Jeff is much more social than I am and does more with his friends than I do. I really enjoy the time I spend with my friends, but I often prefer time spent by myself.
Who has more siblings? We are tied. We are both the oldest of six, and each of our families have 3 boys and 3 girls in them.
Who wears the pants in the family? It depends on who's day it is to be the most stubborn. I really like Chad and Megan's answer though. We really like being together in the same big pants too!!! :)
I loved reading your post! It brings back such fun memories of dating at BYU. Thanks for tagging me. I'll respond to your questions on my blog in the next little bit...hopefully I'll have more time when I'm done caring for a household of sick folks. (Hack, hack, wheeze, wheeze--don't stand too close!)
Post a Comment