Just a few DAYS later, the kids were supposed to be getting themselves buckled in the van. Somehow or another, Karissa had Kayden's shoe in her mouth(??) which Kayden didn't like, so he yanked the shoe, and a tooth right out of her mouth! Blood all over, the hunt for the tooth in the van ensued and the first triumphal tooth was located. Pure joy on that little girl's face!

The other tooth remained barely loose until this morning when Karissa was chewing on the new bracelet(??) that I made for her to wear with her new dress to church today. I know Karissa's oralness at age 5 is a puzzle to all who know her. Anyway, she struck the tooth just right and loosened it to the point that it was REALLY wiggling. She worked on it and worked on it, pulling at it, chewing on pencils trying to get it out. Being the determined little girl that she is, I commented to Byran that she was just not going to stop until that tooth is out, and she didn't. She had her victory right in the middle of Sacrament Meeting today! I thought the couple behind us was going to stand up and cheer for her as they had watched her on her quest all through the meeting. I think their reward was the look on her face when she realized it had finally come out!
After a quick trip to the ladies' room to clean up, she walked back into the chapel and proudly claimed her second tooth from Dad's hand and displayed it for all around to see.
The tooth fairy is wondering where he is going to find a dollar bill on a Sunday night.
3 comments:
congrats on the teeth, and on the house!! Everytime I look at your house pictures and see the mountains in the background I get so, so homesick and want to live right next to you and share that view!!
Yeah Karissa! I bet she was so happy!
That is a cool tooth story. Amanda lost a tooth this week also....but hers came out at the dentist office because it had an abscess. It was a painful way to lose a tooth. Congratulations Karissa! By the way she has a beautiful smile!
Post a Comment