Sunday, April 26, 2009

Onward and Upward

I haven't wanted to bore you all with the construction pictures, but I have had several requests, and there has been a lot of progress since I last posted house pictures, so here you go!

I think it is a REALLY good omen when the concrete people drive up in this.....
I put this picture of the joices (sp?) in to show you the walking path that is behind the house on the other side of the creek. The joices were pretty cool too.

Here is the back of the house with the first wall up on the main floor.

Here is the front of the house with most of the trusses up (I'm sure I am butchering these construction names, don't laugh too hard if you are reading this Christian Jackson!).
And here is the rear view....

Back to the front again with the roof all covered and porch arch and post up.

And here is my hard working husband. Luckily for him, the framing coincided with the end of the semester so he was able to be a bit more flexible with his time and help some with the framing of the basement. Kayden even got to be there to help put up some of the walls in his new room.
Someone else, who will remain nameless, was banned from the construction site after they left their foot prints in our newly poured front porch cap. Fortunately for us, and the un-named perpetrator, Byran was able to "erase" the footprints, and we think all is well.

If you happen to be in the area, you have our permission to take a walk through before it gets all dried in and locked up. Just don't you DARE leave your mark in any wet cement!

More adventures in building to come!

3 comments:

Cher said...

Great site and congrats on your house!

Ashli said...

How exciting. It's coming along so quickly. Probably not quickly enough for you. Thanks for permission to walk through. I was thinking of asking you.

Steph said...

I love to see pictures of each stage. It's even funner to see it in person.