We have been so excited to watch our house take form at every stage. It is a good thing that our town home is only about a mile and a half away from the lot. It has been exciting to see each new stage and see everything turn from 2-D to 3-D.
Building newbie nerds that we are, Byran suggested we go out to the lot and have FHE there. We picked up garbage, explored, and then had a lesson sitting on the footings in what will be Kayden's bedroom. The building process, foundations, ect. provided Byran a lot of material for analogies. My favorite connection was with the footings. We could still see them at this point. They make our house strong and stable and able to bear the load of the house so we don't sink. The next day, the footings were going to be covered and we would no longer be able to see them, but they would still be there to make our house strong. There are a bunch of things you could pull from that analogy and I'm sure we will continue to get a lot of milage out of it!

Here we are sitting on the footings.
Our builder understands our desire to have the kids help with the house to be a part of the process, so he humors us and gives us little tasks to work on. Through out the week Byran has taken the kids over to "work" on the house. This job was to knock the concrete off the rebar that was sticking out of the walls, and then Byran came by and whacked the rebar off with a blow from his hammer. The kids worked hard at it, and I enjoyed having some one on one time with whomever stayed home.
5 comments:
Loved the pic's!!!! I bet the kids have loved being a part of the process. How fun to have it such a family affair, and to take pictures of it all stage by stage. What fun that will be to scrapbook!!!! Take Care!
Sooo Exciting!! I can't help but glance over there every time we drive by too. It will be fun to watch the progress!
Love the family night activity there...good idea!
Sheia, hopefully your won't actually approve this comment and post it. I'm dying to catch up with you and as much as I enjoy browsing your blog, I really need a good skype chat or phone chat with you. Can you email me and maybe we can figure out a time for a talk. Scott and I have been thinking about you guys so much lately, especially this past conference weekend. Remembering good times... Hope to hear from you soon. Love, Mel
I just noticed the date of your blog for the first time and the latest entry is six months ago. Maybe you won't get my comment at all. I'll have to looking into an alternative means of contacting you. xoxo, M
Post a Comment