Friday, September 10, 2010

Date Night

Byran had a Date Night with the 2 Magoobies tonight. They went to the school carnival. Kyler was really into the balloon animals and Karissa just enjoyed being there with all the stimuli, need I say more? Byran said it was fun to see Kyler call out to his new friends from his class.

Kayden and I made plans to go see the showing of "To Kill A Mockingbird" at the library. I had challenged him to read the book this summer, and I believe he liked it a whole lot more than he thought he would.

I just have to include these attempts to get a decent Date Night picture of the 2 of us...


What's a mom supposed to do with THAT??

Well, we ended up being the only 2 people to show up for the movie, and I felt badly about making the library lady stay, make popcorn, and sit around for just the 2 of us for the next 2 hours, so we decided to leave. She sent us home with the DVD so we can still watch it at home.
We also decided dessert would make the night, so we went to The Trolley and Kayden made short work of a $6 slice of six layer chocolate cake!
The date actually turned out pretty good, I think. I really enjoyed just visiting with him and hangin'. It's fun to hear about what is going on in his life and the things that are important to him. I don't take enough time to really talk with him about things when we are at home. He is such a good boy, I love him dearly, and am so grateful he is my son.

All in all, Date Night was a success, and I look forward to the next one!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Kayden! That is my favorite book. What fun date nights! Loves to you all!

RoMo said...

I very good parent thing to do: date night. More kids need that kind of one-on-one. Thumbs-up, Korths.