My dear cousin Lisa passed away October 27th. She had very recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Due to some complications with her chemo and the cancer itself, she didn't suffer long. She passed in less than a month of being diagnosed-a tender mercy. Lisa was a sweet lady who always thought of others and always made me feel at home around her, I will miss her!
I was able to attend her funeral in Las Vegas the beginning of November with my parents and two of my brothers. It was wonderful to be there to honor her and be with family that I haven't seen for a while. The funeral was beautiful, funny, touching, and peaceful. She was so loved by her four sisters, parents, friends and colleagues. I was so impressed with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle how the so gracefully handled everything through the tears. You could tell that although mourning, they had peace.
At the cemetery, we found the headstone of my grandparents who are buried not too far from Lisa's resting place.
Because of "liabilities" the cemetery has a policy that only Uncle Mark, Aunt Pat, and Dudley (who dedicated the grave) were able to be at the actual grave site.
A family prayer was held here before her casket was taken to the grave site...
...by John Deere tractor :) Lisa was a country girl so she would have appreciated that!
It was a beautiful day, and I feel so blessed that I was able to be in attendance, and grateful for Byran who made it possible for me to go. I love you Lisa!
1 comment:
I would have loved to have seen you!!!
Post a Comment