After it taking a VERY LONG, painful, and tear-filled year and a half with Miss Riss (which just ended 3 months ago), I had determined that there was no sense in trying to put me or Kyler through the torture of potty training until both of us were good and ready for it. He has shown very little interest, and is far from being dry through the night. But earlier this week, when we were getting him ready for bed, I put him on the pottty and he went. So we all got excited and told him that when he was ready, he could wear big boy Diego unders. The next day he went on the potty all day and I found myself in the scant childrens' underwear aisle at WalMart praying that they had Diego underware in his teeny-tiny size. (Does it bug anyone else that WalMart always seems to be out of important things when you need them, or is it just our WalMart? That is a whole new post for another day.)
Now, I know all you vetran potty trainers out there are just chuckling to yourselves and saying, "Oh, you just wait..." and I know, I've been through this twice before. I'm just setting myself up for the fall, but is it really that unreasonable for me to WANT to believe, to have faith that maybe this child will be as easy as pie?!! Could it be possible to have 2 kids potty trained in the same year, 3 months apart, with no tears?! PLEASE?! Oh the very thought!
Whatever!! I just hope it is determined before I have to buy another case of diapers and wipes from Sams Club. I only have 1/2 a package left.
I could start using my purse again, WOO HOO!
2 comments:
WOW! That is so great Sheia! We are cheering for you over here, and hope he keeps it up! Wouldn't life be wonderful for you!
Way to go Kyler! You and Brody need to have a potty party. I hope he keeps up the good job. Brody started out strong with the stinkers, but now has regressed in that area. . . .
By the way Wal-mart never has the size unders that we need either!
Post a Comment