I made granola yesterday. That's all it took to get me out of bed this morning after a long night with Kyler. Poor guy was having nightmares.
Doesn't it look good?
The only thing better than homemade granola on yogurt for breakfast is homemade granola on strawberry Breyers ice cream with some cut up strawberries and bananas-for breakfast of course. Try it, you will be hooked too.
Mom's Granola-with a few Sheia tweaks
10 c rolled oats
1 c wheat germ
1 c sunflower seeds
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (I usually do pecans and/or almonds and throw in peanuts too)
1 1/2-2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBS Cinnamon
Mix together in a large bowl then add
1 1/2 cup canola oil mixed with
- 5 TBS vanilla
- 1/3 c water
Pour liquid over dry ingredients and mix well. Pour onto a rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool and add dried fruit. I usually add a package of dried mixed berries(craisins, cherries, blueberries) and about 1 1/2 cup raisins.
PS-I'm writing this post at the car dealership while I'm waiting for my van to be serviced. I'm drinking hot apple cider, just finished a banana and a white chocolate macadamia cookie. Just finished an video chat with Byran too. I Love a great customer service waiting room. Love my laptop. Love wifi.
2 comments:
I was looking through my receipes and your 'across your Mom's Granola'. Thanks for the reminder.
Sheia I have to say I am impressed with the amount of blogging you are doing lately!! Way to go!
K, I cannot show these pictures to Nate, he will start drooling. He loves it when I make granola for him, and this recipe looks great! I always use a recipe from the cannery, and it's really good, so I can't wait to try yours out next time!
Post a Comment