Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend


Friday afternoon the weather was so nice that the kids and I spent most of the afternoon outside. A lot of our neighbors were out too and we all went for a walk around the neighborhood. We met the new family that moved in down the road who just happen to have a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. Karissa has a new best friend, if you can imagine. On a walk around the neighborhood we stopped off at the Harris' house who were shooting off rockets in preparation for their daughters birthday party. That was a big hit.

At the next house the dune buggy came out. Kyler and Karissa were all over that! Some other neighbors had their 4-wheeler out. Kinda feeling like we are the boring family of the neighborhood!


Byran and Ben (our builder) spent the weekend down in LV at the Mountain West Tournament and hung out with my brother Mark and his family. Too bad BYU didn't do better, but they made the most of it, ESPNZone and all.

And then there is Jasmin.
My poor cat isn't doing so well. I took her to the vet Friday who diagnosed her with a throat infection. 2 shots, antibiotic drops, hairball paste, and $115 later we brought her home hoping for the best. She has stopped eating, barely drinking, cries, and seems very weak. It's breaking my heart. We are going back to the vet today. I'm nervous about what the outcome may be. She's 15 years old-which makes her 105 in cat years. I can't imagine her not being a part of our family. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

I'm so sorry about your cat. It can be really hard watching your family pet lose life. I hope she gets feeling better.

Leanne said...

um, I think I'm the boring one in the neighborhood. I usually don't even have a car! (the reason I walk everywhere even in winter...haha)