"O-oh the Wells Fargo Wagon is a COMIN' down the road-oh please let it be for me!" is what I heard being belted from the bathroom at the top of Kyler's lungs yesterday while he was going potty.
I grew up watching musicals and listening to their soundtracks over and over and over. Such good memories and such wonderful music and stories! I decided that this would be fun summer entertainment for my kids and hoped they would eat it up. AND THEY HAVE!
I just have to chuckle watching them act out the scenes and dances from the movies, just like my brothers and sisters and I did. Byran downloaded The Music Man soundtrack and a few favorites from Oklaholma this weekend and it has been playing pretty much non-stop ever since.
We haven't gotten in as many as I would like yet, but have plans to watch more before the summer ends. I wish our library carried more than they do. What kind of library doesn't have Mary Poppins or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang??
We've also been watching a few classic movies that the kids have eaten up as well, like; Pippi Longstockings, Cheaper By the Dozen, Where the Red Fern Grows.
What are your favorite musicals and movie classic that we can add to our list?

5 comments:
We have Mary Poppins on DVD if you'd like to borrow it. And Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was on TV last week and I DVR'd it!!
I love where the red fern grows! and old yeller. gotta love the dog shows...even though I dislike dogs. anyway, fun for you guys! you are such a fun mom!!
my kids like to get Annie from the Library and The Never ending Story. I keep meaning to get some musicals, I should check some out.
I love that your kids sing musicals. I love 7 brides for 7 brothers and guys and dolls.
I had to watch My Fair Lady the other day, just to sing along with Professor Higgins.
Post a Comment