Thursday, July 22, 2010

For Andrea...

...and whomever may think my rolls always turn out perfect. 

This is my batch of rolls from Sunday. They flopped. Literally. Graceful person that I am, I somehow managed to flip the whole pan of perfectly risen rolls upside down onto the opened oven door as I was putting them in to bake.This was our attempt to salvage what we scraped off the oven door. They were barely edible, dense, and certainly not pretty!

And for those who still may be doubting Thomases(sp?), if you accidentally leave your dough in the bread machine for, say a couple extra hours past when it is done, you can still make rolls. They aren't pretty, the texture is way off, they are still edible, but your bread machine will be a mess! For those who are counting, that was two batches in a row that I flopped. Three if you count the one the bird landed on :)

1 comment:

Tricia Taylor said...

Been there, done that! I left the rolls in the bread maker while I went to church. I however was not as lucky. They did not turn out even as well as your flopped ones. Man, for as many perfect batch of rolls you have made, two isn't bad!!