Byran got back early Sunday morning. It was so wonderful to have him home again! It was hard to be separated. He has been my everything the last couple of months. We all missed him.
Yesterday I got my stitches taken out! I'm telling you, my arm was pretty gruesome looking when it was first unwrapped! My brother Mark said it looked like a pig leg in a South American market :) Don't worry, I'm not posting those pictures, but these aren't too terribly graphic.

So, now I wear this black splint all day and night, but take it off in the evening to start slowly moving it around.
Things are REALLY stiff and tight! I start back to hand/arm therapy on Friday. I am typing two-handed for the first time tonight! Well kind of. My right elbow is sticking WAY out , and my back is all twisted, but both hands are going!
The doctor said that the bone should heal in about 6 weeks, but my mobility will take quite a bit longer. That is way better than 9 months to heal without the surgery!
So the next phase doesn't feel a whole lot different at this point, but it IS getting better. And afterall, which arm would you rather live with? Isn't modern medicine amazing??!


2 comments:
You are such a trooper. So excited that you can type 2-handed now!
Thats good news for you!! You are amazing.
P.S. That is hilarious that Kyler cried because of the Jello drink. Mine were too excited to eat Jello before everything else! we usually wait until the main food is gone before unveiling anything else! :)
Post a Comment