Wow.
I just want to say thank you to everyone who made my birthday special and turning 40(cough, cough) a lot less painful. It is hard to believe, I guess I need to start acting more mature now.
Thank you to Megan who took me out for a girl's night on the town Thursday, even though the bowling alley and ice cream shop were both closed, the shakes and fries were wonderful. But even more wonderful was the one-on-one uninterrupted time! oh, and the Strawberry "WHOMPERS" continue to be great too!
Thank you to Stephanie and Tricia who instigated a surprise birthday dinner for me with a bunch of friends from church.
Thank you to Megan(again!), Steph, Tricia, JoEllen, Kristy, Janette, and Kenna for coming and celebrating with me. I loved the pink and black theme (especially the pink part). Their cards were so sweet and the book "This Little Sheia" was darling! It was a take on the children's nursery rhyme "This Little Piggy", with me being the Little Piggy and coordinating Gift Cards! For example (the pictures just don't do it justice!)
This is an example of one of the pages.....
"This Little Sheia went to the Market" = a WalMart Gift Card.
It was SO creative and GENEROUS of my dear friends! LOVED IT!
Saturday morning, Byran and the kids made me a yummy breakfast of waffles with ice cream and BACON. Isn't this the best lookin' 40 that you have ever seen?
The kids' gifts were special because they picked them out themselves and their personalities came through! (Sorry, I can't get the picture to flip!)
We packed and loaded everyone up, because Byran had planned a suprise get-away for the two of us!!! We dropped the kids off at his sister Deborah's house, and then drove to a mountain resort about 30 minutes away.
We got checked in to our beautiful room, then headed to an old dairy farm for a sleigh ride. We were the only two(paying) passengers, but the farmer's 4 golden retrievers joined us! I was fine with that, because they sure helped keep my backside warm!
We rode through the field to where the farmer has a herd of domestic elk.
They were so close! One of the cows sure had an attitude towards one of the dogs.
She kept getting closer and closer, making a clicking noise at the dog and to him know who was boss! Apparently, as a younger pup, he used to try to chase the elk, and that elk wouldn't let the dog forget how she felt about it!
After the sleigh ride, we had dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and then back to our room where I thawed out in a very WARM bath! AHH, how I love to be warm!
Although it was all so enjoyable and relaxing, it went way too fast and before we knew it-it was the next morning, time to check out,(after sleeping in of course!) and pick up the kids.
We had brunch on our way down the canyon, then visited with Deb and Chris for a while before packing the kids up and heading for home. Special Kudos and thanks go out to Deb, Chris, Brody, and Reagan who helped make the weekend possible.
(I hope you all got caught up on your sleep, that the grumpies left when we did, and that you start planning for YOUR get-away!)It was a wonderful, perfect weekend, and I feel so spoiled! Thank you also to everyone who made comments on the last post. I do love comments! Wasn't that a great slide show Byran put together? He is amazing! Thank you also to everyone who made birthday phone calls, left messages, texts, and sent cards, and dropped off gifts(THANKS LAURA!) It really was a very special birthday.
Last but not least, thank you to my sweetheart and the best husband in the world. I feel so blessed to be married to him. Not just because he created a wonderful birthday, but for how special and safe he makes me feel everyday! I love you Byran!
5 comments:
It was 125% worth it! Can't wait to do it again!
Oh, I hope you had a lot of fun! You are such a wonderful person, and deserve to be pampered. I love all the pictures!!!! It;s fun to see it all and be apart of it.
You should have brought one of those dogs home with you!
Glad we could help you birthday be so relaxing . . . umm nice picture you stole from my blog :)
Don't worry all the grumpies went to bed early, I hope your grumpies survived the trip home!
You totally deserve to have an awesome day. I'm glad you did.
Post a Comment