Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Win For Me and Nie!

On Monday night Byran and I went to the Mindy Gledhill Benefit concert for Stephanie and Christian Nielson. Our seats just happened to be on the same row (just across the aisle) as some of Stephanie's family, including her sisters and children. Her daughters did a great job performing their song "Golden Slumber" by the Beattles with Mindy. It was really sweet.

We weren't familiar with Mindy's music, but really enjoyed it, and even picked up one of her cds. The "Thrillionares", a musical improv group also performed and were quite entertaining, along with Ryan Shupe and David Osmond.

Before the concert and during the intermission there was a silent auction of things people had donated to go towards the Nie Recovery. So, I've never participated in a silent auction before, but really wanted to get something for the cause. I'm not very competetive and I didn't want to be mean and outbid someone, so instead at the very last minute I put a bid on something that didn't have any bids just before they blew the whistle, and quess what???

I won!

I know it is just a small contribution, but it felt good to be apart of the evening, and I'm so happy for Stephanie, Christian, and their new life together as a family again. I know they have a long, long road ahead, but I can't help but wonder if Stephanie feels like she has won too.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I hope you had a good time. Your a little stinker for not taking me up on my many offers to watch the kids. :(