I love the color of the pool water. The kids had a great time and it was fun to catch up with our friends.
Byran said that every morning he wakes up to a weird sound and couldn't figure out what it was. I was outside with him the other morning and he heard the sound, "There is that sound!" I couldn't help but laugh as it is a sound I grew up with and is such a familiar summer morning sound as we would sleep with our windows open at night.
Our next door neighbor growing up raised pheasants and quail for hunting. There are quite a few pheasants in our neighborhood. I hear the noise in the morning and think to myself "awww...a summer morning", and Byran was hearing it and freaking out that something was wrong with the house! :)
Here is another summer morning memory, haircuts on the back porch. Yesterday morning I carried on the tradition with Kyler. (please ignore my bed-head)
What a cute kid and what an awesome cut if I do say so myself! Must be all the fresh morning air.
And finally, some friends in our ward have talked Kayden into getting up at 6 am every morning for 2 weeks now to learn how to play tennis.Dan is quite the master teacher and has such an influence that he can get a 12 year old boy on summer vacation to be willing get out of bed to go play.
Dan is so good that he talked me into going Tuesday morning, and I went again today. I may not have skills yet, but I do have a nice thigh bruise and sore forearms to show for it. Kayden however, I think may have something for this game!






1 comment:
As nice as it sleeping in, I have been missing tennis this week while the boys are at scout camp. have fun on your trip.
Post a Comment