When summer comes and goes so quickly and fall comes rushing in, it reminds me how quickly time flies-and before I know it, all my Ks will too.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Back to School
I love summertime, but the start of a new school year is one of my most favorite times of the year. Maybe it is the teacher in me. I love the fresh start, schedules and routines, calendars, and new notebooks. So now school has started and the weather has made it feel like fall is almost here. I've gotten the itch to clean, organize, can, bake things with pumpkin in them, and get sentimental about all my Ks.
It still blows my mind that Kayden is 11. He's just 2 inches shorter than me and will probably pass me in height and weight this year. I peeked in his room last night and was shocked at the very big, long body, arms and legs that have taken over my little boy's bed! He is very thoughtful and tries very hard to do the right things. He has really grown up this summer. Kayden informed me that if he keeps going at his present rate of growth, he will be 6 foot 4 in 5 years. YIKES!
Oh, my Karissa! She has made A LOT of progress in the last year. She turned 5 the day before Kindergarten started and makes sure everyone she comes in contact with knows it. It does something to my heart when I watch her walk down the sidewalk with her back pack on the way to the bus stop with Kayden. I just pray that her teacher will have lots of patience and come to know her and love her the way that we do! She just loves life, period.
Kyler, my little Ky-Pie. Can I say that I have loved having more one-on-one time with this kid? He has such a funny little sense of humor, and those eyes just melt me! He is a good helper and likes to do things with me if I can figure out how to cure him of his TV addiction! It is like a magnet and I am turning it off, unplugging it and locking him out of my room all day long, yet, I continue to find him in there over and over again. When he hears me coming he doesn't hide, or turn the tv off, he just covers his eyes!
When summer comes and goes so quickly and fall comes rushing in, it reminds me how quickly time flies-and before I know it, all my Ks will too.
When summer comes and goes so quickly and fall comes rushing in, it reminds me how quickly time flies-and before I know it, all my Ks will too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay you are back! Looks like you had SUCH a fun summer! And the kids are already in school, I can't believe Karissa is in Kindergarten, I'll bet she is LOVING it! I found a preschool for 2 year olds and it is only one day a week for 2 hours. Addie is going to try it out next week, I'm sure it'll be fun for her- I just can't believe I am putting my 2 year old in school!
Way to go Sheia, glad I could give you that pep talk. I will e-mail you a few tricks I just figured out.
Post a Comment