Kayden has been playing basketball on two teams the last couple of months; a city league team, and our ward's Young Men's team. Thanks to the chauffeuring and support of the Rogers family he got to play again after riding the bench for a few weeks after his concussion. Since I have been a little high-maintenance, and a little afraid of crowds and bleachers I haven't made it to any of his games and Byran has only made a couple. Kayden has been so patient and understanding about our absences. Byran has been good to take pictures and some videos for me, and the Rogers would update us on his stats if we weren't there.
Kayden plays really hard. He is a hustler and takes his play time very seriously. During Tuesday's game he played his heart out. Unfortunately, none of his shots would go in, until the very last shot of the game in the final seconds, which ended up being the game winning shot. The win sent his team to the championship game!
Unfortunately they lost the championship game, and Kayden was upset that he only got 3 points. Byran gently reminded him that in the last game all it took was one basket and that made all of the difference. I hope he remembers that.
The ward team was made up of mostly 12-14 year olds who often played much older and bigger boys. They had a lot of fun playing together, but they lost all of their games. Yesterday was their Stake tournament to determine which 2 teams would go to Regionals next week. And guess what? They won their first and only game of the season and are headed to Regionals!
I was glad to finally be able to make it to his game yesterday! I was SO proud of how he played. He is a good sport and plays hard the whole game, which is all I really care about when all is said and done. But nothing felt better than to get his big hug and smile after the game when he realized that I had been there to watch him.
We sure love you Kayden, and have been so proud of how you have handled this rough season for our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment