Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fingers Crossed

I meet with my cardiologist up in Salt Lake this afternoon. This is my delayed 3 month follow-up from my procedure in November. They will do an echo-cardiogram with a bubble test to see if my heart tissue has grown over the device and sealed the hole between the atria of my heart. The bubble test involves an IV. The tech agitates some saline between two syringes to create bubbles and then pushes the saline into my vein. We then watch the bubbles enter my heart on the screen and see if they pass from one atrium to the other or not. If no bubbles cross over, then we know the hole has likely sealed.

To do the echo, I have to be able to lay on my left hip for a good 10-15 minutes. Byran and my PT have very patiently been helping me get here. With the support of a lot of pillows I can do it! Yea!

Now if my nerves can survive the drive there and back, I may have good news to report tonight and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will involve something about chocolate :)

2 comments:

JoLayne K. said...

We will be thinking of you all day and know your heart exam will turn out fine. Enjoy the ride. Love you

Erin said...

Good luck Sheia! I hope it all goes well. I will definitely be bringing you some chocolate if you give the green light!