Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Just a few of the "tricks" that took place at our house today......

I got this one from watching America's Funniest Videos on Sunday. It's Seran Wrap in the doorway. I boobie-trapped Karissa, Byran, and Kayden. Karissa's is the only one I caught on video though. I didn't quite get the reaction I was hoping for, but it was still fun to anticipate.




This trick is similar to something my mom pulled on us kids years ago with pancakes and cardboard.

Now you see it....
Now you don't!

My parents are in town right now, so Mom and Kyler short-sheeted Kayden's bed while he was at school. Apparently he thought I did it and Byran fortunately caught him on the way to my bed with some honey. Can you imagine? HONEY!

Kyler really got into playing jokes on people as only a 5 year old boy can. He loved it! He and Karissa love the anticipation so much that they tend to give away the trick. "Daddy, why don't you put on your pajamas"=I turned them all inside out, or "You need to put your slippers on, don't ya?"= I shoved a block with an "April Fools" note on it into the toe of your slipper. Byran was a good sport though, especially with the "Dad, don't you need to go potty?"=Mom boobie-trapped the bathroom door with Seran Wrap. He did give them a real good dramatic reaction to that one.

What were the best tricks played at your house this year?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I must be the worst mom ever. I forgot about it even being April 1st. I did nothing. No tricks, no fun, no silliness. My kids probably would not have understood (except for Brooke) cause I have not done a whole lot over the years either.

Leanne said...

no April fools here. though Reuben did tell me there was a spider in my hair on the way home from the bus stop. he thought it was pretty funny.