Sunday, April 18, 2010

Slipping

Grandma is slipping away from us. Her blood pressure has dropped quite low. The doctor said she may rally but very unlikely. She is resting peacefully, but is unresponsive. Nurses have unhooked most of her monitors. Mom is here, Aunt Patti is on her way, and we are trying to reach Uncle Morry.

So glad that she is peaceful right now and so glad to be able to be with her to kiss her and whisper in her ear.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I hope she goes peacefully and I am so happy she will be surrounded by those who love her most. She will be missed.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your Grandmother that she will go peacefully if this is her time. I know how close you are to her and how much she will be missed. Hugs to your whole family.

JoLayne K. said...

It must be time for your sweet Grandma to return to Heavenly Father. It will be hard to have go, you have been so good to her. Tell your mom and dad and others of the family that they are all in our Prayers.
I just talked to Byran and he told things are a little better right now. Take care, love you.

Kristy said...

You are lucky to be able to be close to her while she is sick. I wasn't near either of my grandparents when they passed on and I wish I could have been. It is a special time to say goodbye.

SS said...

It's hard to hear about her slipping away, she seems so spunky and full of life. Hers is a life well lived, which can only bring peace to those she leaves behind. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of the family...