The Physical Therapist was able to get Grandma up and standing with help for a short time this morning while they swapped out her bed. She has developed quite a large bed sore on her back so they have moved her to a special bed to help with that. The PT will come back this afternoon and see if he can get her up again and maybe even sitting. Her doctor came in this morning and said that it may be Monday or Tuesday before she is released. So we'll see how it goes.
Mom, Sherri, stayed with her last night and said that she was really fighting having her oxygen on. Grandma said, "I haven't needed it for 90 years and I don't need it now!"So the nurse let her go without it. Gotta love her spunk even while medicated! I imagine it probably felt good to her to feel like she has a little bit of control of her situation.
How I wish her vision was good enough to see the picture that is hanging in her hospital room. Do you recognize it?
It is of the meadow by Emerald Lake up towards the top of the Timp trail. How many times have she and Grandpa hiked to that exact spot and for how many years! That picture evokes such wonderful memories and feelings for me and makes me feel like Grandpa is here with her in a way.
Her many years of being a teacher and working with the Sunday School children sure comes out in her dreams and sleep talk! Earlier she was coordinating a group of children and talking with them about saying nice things to each other as well as organizing a game :) Currently she is singing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" and doing the actions. I love it!
Have said enough times yet how much I love this lovely lady?

1 comment:
that is so cute that she's doing the Sunday stuff. I love it. Glad to hear she got to be up for a bit.
Post a Comment