Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick Update for Family

Morry arrived around 1 am Monday morning and Patti arrived about the same time in Colorado. She is staying the night at my parents' home there and will come the rest of the way Monday. Morry stayed the night with Grandma.

When I left the hospital around 2 am Monday morning, Grandma's vitals were pretty stable. She has been in a comatose state since Sunday morning. She is quite peaceful, but unresponsive. Her nurse Sunday night was very experienced and has been wonderful. She was great to explain everything to us and answer questions.

She had a lot of visitor's Sunday; Kaylynne's family, Todd and Daisy, Cory and Amy and family, Joe and Sherri, Jeff, Laura and Natilee. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

The call Sunday morning about being unresponsive and starting to slip away was a shocking turn that I wasn't ready for. I am so grateful for the time I spent with my Grandma Sunday as it helped me feel much more peace.

No comments: