Monday, April 12, 2010

Neighbors

A year ago this weekend our house was at this stage, and I think we only knew one of our neighbors.

DSCN4408.JPG.jpg

As we watch with anticipation the new houses go up around our neighborhood, it makes me wonder what our neighbors were thinking of us as we were building. We spent A LOT of time at the "yot" (Kyler was struggling with his l's at the time), I wonder if our neighbors were thinking "Would you just move in already!"

So glad we are on this side of the build. That was a lot of work, and was for the most part a very positive experience, but so glad it is done!

Moving to a new neighborhood always brings anxiety for me. These are people you are going to see often and possibly spend a lot of time with, we always keep our fingers crossed for good ones. We lucked out because we got GREAT neighbors!!

This weekend we had our first, of hopefully many, neighborhood BBQs. I think that there are a total of 12 homes in our neighborhood right now. We had a good turn out and it was just fun to eat, visit and let the kids play in the dirt piles.

There are quite a few little kids in the neighborhood which makes it really fun for them to hang together. As the weather is starting to warm up, it has been fun to hang out together in the afternoons while the kids ride bikes, scooter, bury plastic lizards and play "Club". 

We are looking forward to many more years in our neighborhood, and getting to know our neighbors better. I love the feeling of security of knowing that we will watch out for each other and each others' kids, and have a common goal to have a great neighborhood for our children to grow up in. We are grateful for such good neighbors!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

So glad we made it after our family party! I'm glad you are all our neighbors, that was fun! I hope I get so lucky with the ones that will eventually build nearer to us!