Friday.
If all goes well and I continue to progress as I have been, Friday is the day. I really have mixed emotions about that. Progress is good and it is a good milestone to aim for. I've missed my family and it will sure simplify things to have us all under the same roof again, especially for Byran. And I won't have to worry about him driving home at night. I know I will have have plenty of help at home, and Mom's yummy food of course. Mom and Dad are coming up tomorrow to get all "trained" as well.
I have come to feel very safe and comfortable here in the rehab wing. There are safety rails and handles for me to grab, plenty of nurses and doctors around to address my aches, pains, meds, and questions. They have kept close tabs on my heart and have all the equipment right here to monitor it. My physical and occupational therapists have been wonderful and have done so much to help me progress, push forward through the pain, steady my shake steps, and start building my confidence back up. They are here everyday and just an elevator ride away.
As much as I want to be home, the idea of it makes me a bit nervous still. I'm sure once I'm there it will be great and I will be so glad. Once I am there.
Some big hurdles first; Byran's picking up the new car tonight and we have to transfer train with that. There are five-8inch stairs that I need to master to get into my house. I've gotten pretty good at the 4
inch ones, just need to double that. I need to work a bit on my balance and mobility, and one of us has to learn how to give shots. I'm choosing Byran.
Today was a good day though. Three more days to go and then maybe I will feel ready. I'm glad I have three days to prepare.
4 comments:
Oh Sheia! I understand the mixed feelings! It will be so nice to be home with your family but hard to leave all the medical conveniences of the hospital. I know you can do it though. You have been so brave through everything and I admire you! Your post about Byran was really touching. I'm so glad you've had him by your side through all of this. You guys are a great team and great examples.
Sheia, I can help with shots if you need...
We look forward to Friday and having you home. We are here to help with anything you need.
We are proud of you and send lots of love your way!
J, L, & N
I am surprised by all you have been able to type, with only one hand too. It has been so nice to have your blog, to be able to catch up on all that has been happening. I know it must feel like coming home will be a hard transition. But, it was probably the same when you were put there in the first place. Everything new, and not comfortable right away I am sure. It will just take time and soon, it will feel comfortable to you, and you will wonder why you had the feelings to begin with. I am there for you. I would love to come help, and I can help you with your shots too if you need:) Love you Sheia!!!!
So happy to hear that! Keep up the hard work. :)
Post a Comment