I may have missed mentioning that my sister Shereece flew in Saturday and swapped out with my parents who had been here over two weeks. I have LOVED being able to spend time with her and have been so touched by her willingness to come to our aide. We lovingly call her "Cinderella", but hope that she will feel treated much better-being that we are not evil step-people and all that.
For Shereece today, her aid included making sure my annual family Sweetheart's dinner tradition happened. She spent the day, while Byran and I were at doctors appointments, grocery shopping, cooking, decorating and creating a wonderful evening for our family. Not to mention mothering and nurturing my children when they got home from scool, helping with homework, and refereeing the sugar intake that I can only imagine must have been going on post-class parties.
After an intense few hours at the doctor and physical therapist, x-rays, a weird "treatment" for my dizziness, two car rides and two passes with the stairs, my energy and emotions were spent. I sought refuge wrapped in pillows and blankets behind closed doors in my room as dinner approached.
Byran came through wrapping the Valentine gifts for the kids, and helping me make some last minute Valentines. His patience with me is incredible. He's always so kind, tender, encouraging, and validating. He is truly my Prince Charming. I couldn't pass today without mentioning that it was 19 years ago today that he asked me to be his wife. The best decision I ever made!
So here is the lovely evening Cinderella and Prince Charming provided for us. If you look closely you may catch a glimpse of my new fiberGLASS cast-perfect for someone who was made to feel like a princess today!
Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:
Glad to hear you are so well taken care of! I have been meaning to call, glad things are going well. Can't wait to come down and spend some time with you too! :)
What a sweet valentines you must have had. So great that your sister can be here to help!! And..looking good Sheia!!
Post a Comment